Hello Medway Youth Soccer Travel Families,
Medway Youth Soccer continues to receive updates from our governing bodies regarding the requirements for this fall season. Our league, Boston Area Youth Soccer (BAYS), has notified us that they too will require masks to be worn by all travel players on the field. They have also noted that medical exemptions are permitted, but have established the below requirements for managing and communicating those exemptions. While these requirements may be viewed as being overly prescriptive, it is important to note that BAYS is doing their best to avoid any game day confusion or issues about players that have medical exemptions.
1. Any player requiring a medical exemption must submit a Doctor's note to our Registrar ([email protected]) by Wednesday, 9/16, to be eligible to play in games on 9/19.
2. Coaches must notify their opposing coach of any exemption(s) each week by the Wednesday prior to Saturday's game.
3. Coaches who are notified must in turn notify their players' parents of the opponents exemption(s).
4. Coaches will then determine if they will have enough players to play in Saturday's game.
5. Any games that cannot be played will be marked as 'No Game' and will not count as a forfeit.
MYS appreciates everyone's continued cooperation as the regulations for this season continue to evolve.
I have also included the previous email update on mask guidelines from Friday (below) in case anyone needs to reference it.
MYS Board of Directors
Hello Medway Youth Soccer Families,
We hope this email finds you continuing to stay safe and healthy as the summer winds down and the fall soccer season approaches. The MYS Board of Directors would like to make all families aware of a change to the mask policy that had been previously published.
Please see below for the revised guideline notice:
The Medway Board of Health has reviewed the MYSA guidelines and in conjunction with Medway Youth Soccer, the following guidelines have been issued in order to play soccer this fall:
All players and coaches will be required to wear masks for all games and practices, at all times. This is for on the field and off the field of play. Masks can be pulled down to assist in catching one’s breath when an individual is socially distanced from others.
Any player who is not able to wear a mask for any reason can request an exemption with documentation through the Medway Youth Soccer Board of Directors. That process can be started by informing your respective coach of this request.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to the board of directors. The contact list can be found here: https://medwaysoccer.com/board.
MYS Board of Directors